Administrator of personal data
Personal data provided by You will be processed by Polska Żegluga Bałtycka S.A. ul. Portowa 41, 78-100 Kołobrzeg, tel. (094) 3552102, 3552103, fax (094) 3552104 email : email@example.com website : www.polferries.pl, KRS : 0000011871 District Court in Koszalin Division IX KRS fulfilling the role of the data administrator (hereinafter referred to as „Administrator”).
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the act of 29th of August 1997 on protection of personal data (unified text: J. of L. of 2014 it. 1182) and the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27th of April 2016 on protection of natural persons in connection with processing personal data and on free flow of such data and repealing the directive 95/46/EC (general regulation on data protection) – O.J. EU.L.2016.119.1 of 04th of May 2016 („RODO”).
Method of obtaining personal data, type and purpose of personal data processing
This document, inter alia, contains the information on purposes, for which the company processes personal data of the User, the entities to whom it makes it available as well as the rights of the User connected with their personal data.
Polska Żegluga Bałtycka S.A. obtains the personal data directly from the User when the User as a client and/or person visiting the Website uses the services of the Administrator. It refers also to the situation in which the company obtains personal data of the User from the agent making the reservation with whom the User or the enterprise in which he is employed, concluded the contract. The Company gathers the personal data of the user from travel agencies which instructed the User so that he pass it to Polska Żegluga Bałtycka S.A.. The information is kept in the country in which the travel agency stores the personal data.
The personal data passed is processed by the Administrator on the basis of the consent granted by you (art. 6 it. 1 let. a RODO).
Personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- registration of the account of the user in the portal www.polferries.pl – on the basis of art. 6 it. 1 let. b RODO
- purchase of a ferry ticket:
- for the purposes connected with the realization of the transport service and fulfilling the requirements of the law in this respect – on the basis of art. 6 it. 1 let. b and c RODO.
- obtain the confirmation of reservation to the email address/provided telephone number (SMS)- on the basis of 6 it. 1 let. a RODO.
- for considering complaints– on the basis of art. 6 it. 1 let. c RODO.
- realization of the agreement and service of claims connected therewith - on the basis of art. 6 it. 1 let. b RODO.
- for marketing purposes – on the basis of art. 6 it. 1 let. a RODO
- for fulfilling the legal obligations imposed on the Administrator such as tax and archiving obligations – on the basis of art. 6 it. 1 let. c RODO
- for securing the safety of the services provided by electronic manner, including counteracting irregularities – on the basis of art. 6 it. 1 let. c RODO
- for the purposes of creating analyses or statistics for reporting, marketing tests, developing the offer for optimisation and personalization – on the basis of art. 6 it. 1 let. f RODO
- for sending newsletters, offers, significant information on the services provided by the company. The company sends the above information by means of traditional mail, telephone SMS message, electronic mail and other forms of electronic communication – on the basis of art. 6 it. 1 let. b RODO.
- obtaining the information concerning the common offers of Polska Żegluga Bałtycka S.A. and our partners (to e-mail provided) obtaining information on competitions for profiling for the purposes of adjusting the offer.
- in order to assure assistance for the passengers with disability:
- personal data which was provided by the User for assuring necessary aid during travelling, in accordance with the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) no. 1177/2010 of 24 November 2010 concerning the rights of passengers when travelling by sea and inland waterway – on the basis of art. 6 it. 1 let. c RODO
- In order to prevent abusing the Services:
- Name and surname of the User, their address and IP address (respectively to a given case) may be used by Polska Żegluga Bałtycka S.A. in necessary scope, in order to prevent the abuse and theft of credit cards. Processing personal data is based on justified interest of the company.
Discretion in providing personal data
Passing your personal data is not a statutory obligation, is voluntary however necessary for effective conclusion and realization of the agreement. Failing to provide personal data shall result in the lack of possibility to conclude the agreement or obtaining information on tourist offers.
Passing personal data and obtaining data from third entities
Polska Żegluga Bałtycka S.A. shall make the personal data available:
the entities processing personal data on behalf of PŻB S.A. in connection with his commercial and marketing service by virtue of concluded agreement of data processing
external suppliers of payment services
other companies servicing the ferries, bus carriers, tourist guides, enterprises providing services of accommodation and other contractors (when necessary to realize the trip reserved by the User)
police, customs service and other bodies of authority
service providers who were engaged by the company in the provisions of the services for the User such as the companies dealing with hosting on websites, seller of postal solutions, seller of analytical solutions connected with IT, supplier of services connected with the realization of events, etc.
the entities providing for the Administrator the legal, tax and data communication services.
Period of storing the personal data
registration of the Account in the service www.polferries.pl – until removing the Account by the Account’s User.
purchase of a ticket and financial reporting – for the period of 10 years from the completion of the financial year.
subscribing to the newsletter and obtaining the commercial information sent to the provided e-mail – for the whole duration of the subscription of the company’s newsletter.
in accordance with the legal obligation until the vessel does not reach the destination and then for 24 hours in accordance with the ordinance on security on board of vessels and/or rights and provisions applicable on a given local market and the Directive of the Council 1998/41/EC on the registration of persons sailing on board passenger ships operating to or from ports of the Member States of the Community.
considering the complaints, security of any claims – as long as the personal data of the User is unjustified manner necessary for the company Polska Żegluga Bałtycka S.A. to consider the complaints of the client or to reply to legal claims and /or reporting them (generally it will be the length of storage).
information on disability – for 1month after completion of the travel in order to guarantee the ability to assure for the User required assistance in connection with the reserved trips, accommodation and all other orders/purchased in accordance with the contractual obligations towards the User and the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) no. 1177/2010 of 24 November 2010 concerning the rights of passengers when travelling by sea and inland waterway.
Some personal data processed by the Administrator in connection with using the service of the Administrator may be passed in an automated manner and used for profiling, i..e to define your preferences and preparing tourist offers or others adjusted to your needs as well as for marketing purposes within the services offered by the Administrator - Polska Żegluga Bałtycka S.A.
The rights towards processing personal data
With reference to processing personal data you have the following rights:
the right to demand the access to personal data – including obtaining the information on processing data and the copy of data,
the right to correct (adjust) the data,
the right to remove the data. The User has the right to report the request so that the Company Polska Żegluga Bałtycka S.A. removed his personal data without unnecessary delay in the following situations:
- personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was gathered or processed in another manner;
- The User withdraws his consent for processing and there is no legal basis for processing;
- The User reports justified objection towards processing their personal data;
- personal data is processed contrary to the law or
- personal data must be removed due to the necessity to preserve the conformity with the legal obligation.
the right to demand to limit the data processed,
the right to transfer the data to another Administrator of the data,
the right to lodge an objection towards processing data,
the right to report an objection towards direct marketing. The user has the right to report an objection at any time, towards processing his personal data for the purposes connected with direct marketing. If the User reports such an objection, the company could not process his personal data no longer for these purposes.
the right to withdraw the consent granted for processing personal data, if it is not necessary to perform the agreement, realize the legal obligation or does not constitute the legally justified interest of the Administrator.
Indicated rights may be realized by you by means of placing a proper statement to the Administrator – in person by means of traditional or electronic mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, you are entitled to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office of Personal Data Protection in case of recognizing that processing of personal data infringes the law provisions.
The Administrator uses technical and organizational means assuring security for the personal data processed, proper to any threats and categories of data covered with protection.