Important information concerning the rules of sale of transport services, embarkation and behavior when traveling by ferry and the carrier's liability.
Detailed provisions of the contract of carriage are specified in the Terms and Conditions of Carriage. Passengers are obliged to read the Terms and Conditions of Carriage for Passengers, their luggage and vehicles by ferries before concluding the contract. These terms and conditions constitute an integral part of the contract of carriage concluded between the passenger and Polska Żegluga Bałtycka S.A. in Kołobrzeg. The content of the Terms and Conditions of Carriage is available at the point of sale of transport services, at Ferry Terminals, on ferries and on websites www.polferries.pl.
- A "transport service" means the transport of a passenger and their luggage by sea on the basis of a contract of carriage.
The sale of transport services is carried out by Morskie Biuro Podróży Polferries offices, Ferry Terminals and authorized Agents.
- It is recommended to make bookings for all types of transport services no later than 24 hours before the planned travel date.
- Transport services are sold only for a specific travel date.
- By making the payment for the transport service, the Passenger confirms their decision and accepts the Polferries Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
- The person making the booking is obliged to provide the Carrier with names and surnames, age (including children and babies), gender and nationality of passengers at the time of booking. The details of the passenger in travel documents must always be identical to those in the passenger's passport or ID card. The carrier will refuse carriage to a person not registered in the computer sales and booking system. In case of a ticket, the final details of the passengers must be given not later than 24 hours before the departure of the cruise.
- The transport service may be used within 6 months from the originally declared travel date, unless the terms and conditions of special offers state otherwise. The cruise date may be changed within the aforementioned period provided the change is registered in the computer sales and booking system no later than 24 hours before the declared travel date. Failure to submit the change within the aforementioned period of time will result in the inability to use the service without the right to a refund. The first change in the ticket is free of charge, each subsequent change is payable.
- The passenger can resign from all or part of the transport service while retaining the right to a partial refund, provided that the resignation is registered in the computer sales and booking system no later than 24 hours before the departure of the cruise. A 30% deduction of the fare for the transport service is made when making the refund. Later resignation or non-arrival for check-in at a specified time does not constitute the basis for a refund of the fare paid. Return trips are subject to refund, but only before they are executed. A 25% deduction of the fare for the transport service is made when making the refund. A partially used offer is not refundable.
- Changes to the ticket must be submitted at least 24 hours before the departure of the cruise. Changes to the ticket are subject to a charge. The first change is free of charge.
- In case of a sale against VAT invoice, the refund can be made only at the place of issue of the VAT invoice, while in case of the remaining sale (receipt) the refund can be made at the place of purchase of the transport service, at Morskie Biuro Podróży Polferries, at Ferry Terminals or at the Head Office.
- In case of booking the entire cabin, the passenger is obliged to pay for all beds, even if in the cabin there are fewer people than beds.
- Persons under 17 may only travel accompanied by an adult. Children under 7 can use a shared cabin beds together with a guardian.
- Discounts for cardholders: EURO <26, Motormännens Riksförbund, NAF, SMC, Caravan Club, Signal Iduna and Inter Rail card. All discounts are granted upon presentation of an identification document and do not apply to special offers, cabins, pets, and a 10-trips offer.
PASSENGERS WITH CARS
- The driver of the vehicle should also have, regardless of the driving license and the original registration certificate, a mandatory civil liability insurance policy, a Green Card and the country symbol of state of registration. The obligation to possess a Green Card, in accordance with the EU regulations, is not applicable to citizens of the EU member states.
- If the total weight exceeds 3.5 tons or the total length exceeds 14m (including the trailer) the car is treated as a truck.
- During the ferry trip passengers are not allowed to stay inside the car or on the car deck. The car should be left in gear, with the handbrake applied, the wheels straightened out and should be properly locked to prevent access by third parties. It is prohibited to carry petrol in canisters and other containers, cylinders with technical gases, e.g. welding gas in cars that do not meet the condition of safe transport thereof and other hazardous materials. Smoking on board is prohibited.
- The order of loading and unloading of vehicles and their arrangement on the car deck depends exclusively on the decision of the cargo officer. The driver is obliged to wait for the signal from the cargo officer allowing to start the engine and move the vehicle.
- The waiting list expires on the day of departure of the ferry.
- At the Ferry Terminal, on the basis of a valid identity document and ticket number, the passenger will receive an embarkation card, which must be kept during the journey.
- Passengers and vehicles must arrive at the check-in no later than 90 minutes before the scheduled departure of the ferry (120 minutes in case of the Baltivia ferry). Failure to do so may result in the removal from the list of passengers and vehicles.
Check-in for foot passengers (on the Baltivia ferry we do not provide services for foot passengers) and for motorized passengers ends 30 minutes before the departure of the ferry (90 minutes in case of the Baltivia ferry). The Carrier does not guarantee the carriage of passengers and vehicles in the event of a later arrival for check-in and loading than specified in the notice, despite the booking made or the transport service purchased.
- The Carrier shall not be liable for damages resulting from delayed arrival/departure of ferries to/from the port, canceled cruises or arrivals at ports other than planned, in case of technical problems or force majeure, e.g. bad weather conditions and other factors not attributable to the carrier.
- The Passenger is obliged to cover the costs of damages caused by their behavior during the ferry trip.
- In the case of a decision by the border authorities preventing the passenger from disembarking the ferry (visa-related or other reasons), the passenger is obliged to pay for the return journey.
- The ferry's management may refuse to accept on the ferry a passenger whose behavior may disturb the order, despite having a paid transport service.
- The passenger is obliged to follow the rules and regulations of the ship and ferry terminal, to follow all orders, permanent and occasional, issued by the terminal staff and the captain or authorized crew members. The passenger may be detained in a separate room if they disturb the order or threaten the safety of other passengers and the ship.
- The Carrier, its representatives and crew are not responsible for lost or damaged unattended luggage.
- Any complaints regarding services onboard the ferry should be directed immediately to the ferry reception. In the event of personal injury or health issues, the passenger has the right to submit their claim to the carrier in writing, not later than 15 days after disembarkation. Letters should be addressed to:
Polska Żegluga Bałtycka S.A.,
ul. Portowa 41, 78-100 Kołobrzeg.
E-mail address: email@example.com
- Applies to passengers who travel by sea without a valid ticket.
According to Art. 33a of the Transport Law, the Carrier or an authorized person, having an identifier located in a visible place, may check the ticket. In case of lack of a valid ticket confirming the entitlement to free or discounted travel, the carrier or the authorized person collects the appropriate fare for the carriage and additional charge or issues a call for payment. The amount of the additional charge is set to be 2 times the normal one-way fare.
The additional charge will also apply in case of a ticket holder whose vehicle has more people present inside than declared at the check-in.
- A guide or guardian accompanying a blind person or a person incapable of living independently, as referred to in the Act of 20 June 1992 on the entitlement to concessional travel on public transport (Journal of Laws No. 02.175.1440) is entitled to a discount for the journey in the amount of the price of the service for the disabled person. The discount does not include the cabin price and other services offered onboard the ferry.
- Passengers carrying pets (also in cages, baskets) are obliged to purchase, for their disposal, a designated cabin onboard the ferry and at the same time are responsible for its hygiene. In the absence of such a cabin the carriage of pets is not possible. Note! The number of such cabins is limited. In public places, the passenger traveling with a dog is obliged to keep the dog on a leash and muzzled. A passenger is obliged to read the veterinary regulations of a given country and to have all documents necessary to bring the animal to the country of destination. The Carrier may refuse to transport animals if their stay aboard the ship, according to the Carrier's assessment, is considered to pose a threat to the safety of passengers or crew. In such case, the fare paid is subject to a refund.
- The passenger has the right to transport, free of charge, hand luggage up to 50 kg. Luggage exceeding the weight of 50 kg will be treated as cargo and transported on the basis of a transport document upon payment of a freight charge, calculated according to the cargo tariff in force on a given line. The passenger is responsible for informing the Carrier about luggage/personal belongings exceeding the above limit. The Carrier reserves the right to reject any luggage carried contrary to these conditions or to qualify it as cargo subject to a freight charge. The Carrier is not liable for consequences of the passenger's failure to meet these requirements.
- Smoking is prohibited, except in designated place on the ferry. Violation of the smoking ban may be subject to a contractual penalty as provided for in point 10.7. of the Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
- No refunds are made aboard the ferry.
- The carrier reserves the right to introduce additional charges such as fuel surcharge or devaluation fee.
- Passengers are obliged to leave their cabins half an hour before the ferry arrival at the port. Before leaving the cabin the passenger should carefully check for any personal belongings left there. The Shipowner is not responsible for items left in the cabin.
- The personal data of passengers will be processed only for the purpose of implementing the contract of carriage in accordance with the requirements of the Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws of 2002 No. 101, item 926, as amended). By purchasing a transport service the passenger agrees to the processing of data in this scope.
- The Carrier reserves the right to change the timetable and prices without notice, publishing the changes in the customary manner.